Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How can I get nail polish to stay longer on natural nails?

I have nice well manicured natural finger nails, I keep them at what I consider to be a manageable length but find that the best I can do is keep them clean and buff them on a regular basis because nail polish just seems to lift and peel (almost like plastic) off my nails a day or two after I have them done.


It has been suggested to me that it is the natural oils in my nails that cause this problem, but if this is the case why are my toe nails different?


Can anyone recommend a way to make the polish adhere better?


I have tried the the Orly rubberized bonder base coat but it makes no real difference to how long the polish stays put.How can I get nail polish to stay longer on natural nails?
Typically, when your nail polish is lifting, it may be due to the oils, or due to the application method.





You can totally rule out the oil theory by using nail polish remover on your nails just before you put polish on to eliminate all the oils on your nail.





Does your nail polish lift in a certain style? Like always starts at the corners or always at the top edge? A lot of times, if when you are putting the polish on your nails, if you get too much at the base near the cuticle or too much at the top edge, it will end up chipping or lifting pretty quick. The trick is to get thin, even layers on your nail.





Hope this helps!How can I get nail polish to stay longer on natural nails?
OPI chip skip you can get if from boots

No comments:

Post a Comment